Side Hustling for Working Adults (Jul. 2020)
I finished drafting this book in Oct. 2019 and finally published it in Jul. 2020. I made 47 revisions, and I plan on making more – just no time soon. The book temporarily reached bestseller status in eight small categories on Amazon. It didn’t stay there long, but hey, I’ll take it!
My Hustle · Simplify, integrate, unify
- BrianDelrosario.com. This site now, which I use like a business card.
- SHFWA.com, The URL forwards to my book on Amazon.
- Smart System Direct. My CRM, which is a GHL white label.
Charities and other great resources for vets
- American Legion. I’m a member.
- Asbestos.com. David Giraldo from here reached out to me.
- CampLejeuneClaimsCenter.com. Kurt Foti from here reached out to me.
- Disabled American Veterans (DAV). I’m a member.
- LawFirm.com (dude, such a prime name). Erin García-Luckey reached out.
- MesotheliomaHope.com · Mesothelioma · Lanier Law Firm. Mesothelioma.
- NursingHomeAbuse.org · NursingHomeAbuseCenter.com. Nursing homes.
- Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW). I’m a member.
- Wounded Warrior Project (WWP). I donate.
Mentioned in the Book · A few good resources
For having served, one can stack benefits into financial freedom. The average household consumes $5K/month (Motley Fool, Feb. 2022). So, given an average home, one achieves financial freedom if one stacks his passive income above that.
The most common passive sources for having served include the military pension, Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), and VA disability compensation (VADC). If successful, just two may combine to over $5K/month.
There exist further benefits per state. See both the map and the matrix mentioned below. Additional benefits trigger upon increasing VADC ratings. For example, in Texas, a veteran with a 100% VADC rating may own a home exempt from property tax and send his children to college tuition-free.
- MyArmyBenefits. Map of benefits by state. Applies to all services.
- DFAS.mil · CRSC vs. CRDP. Military pension before 20 yrs. vs after.
- Side By Side Solutions. Helping veterans win social security.
- VAClaimsInsider.com. Helping veterans win VA disability compensation.
- VA.gov · Service Connected Matrix. Outline of benefits by VA rating.
Other Veterans in M&A · Leading the way
Know someone who should be here? Connect with me, please!
- Coffey, Adam (Army) · http://www.ceoadvisoryguru.com
- Daigle, Chris (Army) · https://daygullstrategic.com
- Dragan, Jessica (Army) · https://www.cantwaittoretire.com
- Stoddard, Jon (Air Force) · https://www.youtube.com/c/JonStoddard (excellent M&A interviews)
- Williamson, Terry (Army) · https://www.terrywilliamson.com
V2V · My Tribe · Diligence, thoroughness, sincerity
Here’s a growing list of veteran-to-veteran (V2V) resources in business, career advancement, entrepreneurship, finance, investing, and real estate.
- Carey, Rich (Air Force) · https://richonmoney.com
- Child, Jack (Army and Air Force) · https://www.veteranservicebrands.com
- Coleman, Hank (Army) · http://militarysidehustles.com
- Hennen, Andrew “Drew” (Army) · https://www.vetslist.com
- Hogan, Blake (Marine Corps) · https://bunkerlabs.org
- Kelly, Timothy (Navy) · Amazon author · https://thetimothykelly.com
- Krause, Benjamin (Air Force) · https://www.disabledveterans.org
- Langsford, Lacey (Air Force) · podcaster · https://laceylangford.com
- Miyata, Julian “Sage” (Coast Guard) · https://shorttermsage.com
- Osborne, Shelby (Army) · https://www.fivepillarsrealty.com
- Pere, David (Marine Corps) · Amazon author · https://www.frommilitarytomillionaire.com
- Phillips, Adrianne (Air Force) · https://savivets.org
- Reese, Spencer C. (Air Force) · Amazon author · https://militarymoneymanual.com
- Sich, Markian (Marine Corps), et al. · Amazon author · https://www.activedutypassiveincome.com
- Stough, Anthony (Army) · https://www.civease.com